- Download 33
- File Size 5.01 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 8, 2022
- Last Updated April 8, 2022
D2.1 Advanced fatigue testing methods - Abstract
The objective of the WP2 is to develop and use alternative experimental approaches for fatigue evaluation. Two methods will be developed to determine the fatigue limit at shorter times and with a reduced number of specimens.
These two methods are presented in this deliverable:
• Self-heating measurements. It is based on the evolution of the temperature of the specimen during cyclic loading to estimate the fatigue properties.
• Rapid fatigue testing by damage control. It is based on the evolution of the stiffness of the specimen under cyclic loading.
• These two fast fatigue characterization methods will be used to determine the fatigue properties of the grades involved in this project.